A proven refining technology for a wide range of speciality metals
Electron Beam Melting is a unique prototyping and manufacturing process that can simultaneously reduce costs, weight, and time.
Our extensive experience with the Electron Beam melting process includes the design and manufacture of the world’s largest Electron Beam furnace. Retech’s Electron Beam equipment ranges from laboratory to production capacity units.
Electron Beam hearth furnaces are qualified for the production of rotating grade Titanium alloys for aircraft engine parts. Electron Beam melting is suited for a wide variety of other applications including refining and consolidation of refractory and reactive metals.
Electron Beam melting eliminates the time, cost, and challenges of machining or investment casting and makes titanium parts readily available for functional testing or installation.
- Hearth melting
- Scrap consolidation
- Drip melting
- Titanium & Titanium alloys
- Nickel & Nickel-based alloys
- Wide size range – typical 60 to 900mm diameter (2.5 to 36”) ingots, as well as jumbo slab production
- Multi-gun power from 80kW to 5000 kW
- Systems equipped with single or multiple gun positions
- WinBeam® computerised beam controller offers user-friendly furnace automation
- A variety of feed material configurations are accepted, such as scrap, sponge and bar
- Offers significant cost savings by eliminating electrode welding and primary consumable arc processing
- Electron Beam cold hearth melting proven to eliminate high density and low density inclusions in titanium alloys