Field service engineer
VFE (Vacuum Furnace Engineering) – Europe’s leading vacuum furnace and service support provider
VFE is the leading specialist in redesign, overhaul and repair of all makes of vacuum furnaces thanks to its hands-on service support and proven engineering solutions. Our experience in problem solving and innovative, engineered solutions offered covers all makes of equipment and all aspects of vacuum furnace technology including Vacuum Heat Treatment, Vacuum Brazing, Vacuum Melting & Casting, Diffusion Bonding, Vacuum Sintering and many other processes. We understand the specific needs of our clients, helping them to reach their goals by providing innovative heat treatment solutions and aftersales service in line with the highest quality standards, improving processes and reducing costs. As an expert in Vacuum Furnace and associated technologies, VFE assists its clients in optimising their cycle times, limiting the amount of downtime while optimising energy usage.
Where will I be working?
This is a field based role and you would be part of a Service Team covering UK, however you will be required to travel to client sites throughout the UK and occasionally worldwide depending on your work schedule. This role requires you to work occasional overtime at weekends and during public holidays.
What will I be doing?
As a Service Engineer you will be required to give our clients the best in class quality service. You will provide on-site corrective/preventative maintenance and offer after-sales technical and commercial support. You will be required to have all round engineering knowledge of High Tech equipment with Experience with Plc Systems, Software (Siemens, WINCC, InTouch, Wonderware), Mechanical and Electrical Engineering. Vacuum Systems and Heat Treatment Plant would be a significant advantage, but not essential.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To observe, abide by and enforce the Company’s and client’s Health & Safety policies.
- To always present a professional image to customers whether by telephone, in writing or in person.
- To develop and maintain good working relationships with customers ensuring you are always punctual, helpful and courteous.
- Provide routine servicing and breakdown assistance to customers.
- Carry out start-up and commissioning of vacuum & furnace equipment.
- Train customers in safe operation and maintenance of vacuum & furnace equipment.
- To carry out start up/commissioning work on vacuum furnace and associated equipment.
- Carry out and control installations of vacuum & furnace equipment both in UK and Overseas
- Develop and maintain an in depth knowledge of vacuum & furnace equipment and technology to reinforce services provided.
- Timely reporting to Service Manager on progress or delays.
- Timely completion and submission of risk assessments work reports, activity reports and all other documentation.
- Timely completion of site tasks and activities as required.
- Look for recommendations and opportunities to improve the clients system, (reliability or productivity) and where appropriate provide quotations to the client for parts, consumables, plant upgrades and refurbishment work.
- Liaise with a the appropriate sales team on any potential leads.
- Offer feedback on future product development, features and function.
- Provide regular updates to your line manager on any issues that may result in financial, reputational or operational impact on the Company.
What’s in it for me?
A training and development plan will be designed for you as we want you to grow and develop within VFE; this may include external training as required for the role.
- Excellent salary
- Company vehicle
- 20 days holiday plus 8 public holidays
- Life Assurance
- Pension Scheme