Vacuum arc remelting: melting reactive and refractory metals and steel for highly demanding applications
Our Vacuum Arc Re-melting technology delivers consistently higher yields and replicateable metals and is ideal for high integrity applications where cleanliness, homogeneity, and robustness of the final product are essential.
We bring more than 30 years experience to the design and manufacture of Vacuum Arc Remelting (VAR) furnaces, a technology typically utilised for the production of Titanium, Nickel and steel ingots. Our precision weight monitoring system, furnace coaxiality and multi-mode control system provide improved ingot properties.
Our VAR furnaces can be configured for a range of capacities for producing ingots or castings, from a laboratory scale to many tones. As an integral part of our VAR systems, we also offer our own Macroamp DC arc melting power supplies.
- Hearth melting
- Scrap consolidation
- Drip melting
- Titanium & Titanium alloys
- Nickel & Nickel-based alloys
- Wide size range – typical 60 to 900mm diameter (2.5 to 36”) ingots, as well as jumbo slab production
- Multi-gun power from 80kW to 5000 kW
- Systems equipped with single or multiple gun positions
- WinBeam® computerised beam controller offers user-friendly furnace automation
- A variety of feed material configurations are accepted, such as scrap, sponge and bar
- Offers significant cost savings by eliminating electrode welding and primary consumable arc processing
- Electron Beam cold hearth melting proven to eliminate high density and low density inclusions in titanium alloys
Contact us on +44 (0)1384 426170 for more information.