VFE’s purpose-designed training facility boasts a full suite of working equipment to enable real-life training scenarios for engineers. Training modules covering all areas of vacuum engineering have been developed to provide essential training to engineers and to ensure that the company’s extensive technical knowledge and expertise are documented for the future.
Training is aimed at in-house engineering teams responsible for maintaining heat treatment industry equipment such as furnaces, pumps and autoclaves. Courses will focus on how to improve machine utilisation and maximise productivity: bespoke training packages will also be available. Complementing VFE’s ServiceCare plans, the courses will help customers get the most from their machines between routine service visits.
We offer courses that are specifically designed to give an introductory knowledge into vacuum furnaces and autoclaves. Developed to meet the needs of operators, maintenance engineers and apprentices. These courses cover functionality, safety, applications and are fully compliant with the requirements of Nadcap, AMS2750 E, RPS 953 and ISO 9001:2008.
Basic Vacuum Furnace Principles (Theory) 1 Day duration
- Introduction to Vacuum Furnaces – What is a vacuum furnace, its function in industry and different types
- Safety precautions – Safety risks and awareness, handling of an inert atmosphere & operational safety
- Vacuum Technology – Vacuum & pressure explained units of vacuum and the effect of water in Vacuum.
- Operation and navigation of instrumentation – Basic control system layout, understanding functionality of control instruments and Vacuum variables
- Arrangement of furnace components and applications –Vacuum pump configurations, valve sequencing during operation & the heating and cooling process
- Different types of process – Discussing industry wide processes and applications
- Effect of vacuum on materials during heat treatment – Vaporisation and the prevention of materials, Eutectic melting & the effects of oxidisation on components
- Vacuum furnace best practices – Guidelines for good vacuum furnace operation and basic operator maintenance checks
Helium leak detection (Theory / Practical) 1 Day Duration
- Identifying the requirement for leak detection – Determine the necessity for helium leak detection on a system and how to spot a potential problem
- Methods of leak detection –External Helium leak detection explained and how the equipment work in conjunction with a vacuum system
- Carrying out a helium leak check Practical connection of a helium leak detector and leak check of our vacuum system, explaining how to locate and fix a leak.
Introduction to Vacuum Pumps (Theory) 1 Day Duration
- Mechanical pumps explained – Information of various types of vacuum pumps, vacuum levels achieved with each stage of pump, pump set configurations with basic pump maintenance.
- Diffusion pump functionality – Information how the pump operates, pump set configuration, maintenance required, and the internal workings of pump including the safety precautions.
- Diffusion Pump & Mechanical Pump display– the opportunity to se a disassembled diffusion pump and Mechanical rotary piston pump. Giving hands on understanding
We are also able to offer specialist training in subjects such as:
- Dynamic helium leak detection
- Hot-zone assembly and construction
- Mechanical pump servicing
- Nadcap and temperature uniformity applicable to vacuum furnaces
- Vacuum furnace control and operation
- Water cooling system installations and understanding
- Gas cooling and partial pressure system understanding
- Routine maintenance checks to ensure reliability